WHERE WE ARE LOCATED
Baystay Bed and Breakfast is just minutes out of (noisy) Paihia, overlooking the Waitangi River and valley.
Just 240 kilometres north of Auckland, Paihia is nestled in a sheltered inlet in the heart of the Bay of Islands, a cluster of over 144 islands with sheltered coves and sandy beaches extending into the blue Pacific – the perfect location for sailing, big game fishing, scuba diving, swimming with dolphins and numerous other land and water based activities.
HOW TO GET HERE
From Auckland Airport
- Take the SH-1 going north
- At Kawakawa continue on SH-11
- In Paihia drive along beach till roundabout
- Turn left Black Bridge Road (pass Caltex)
- After 2 Km turn right into Yorke Road
- At end of Yorke Road (Kiwi Daycare) turn left
- After 50 m turn right on drive 93A
Distance by Road to Baystay B&B
- From Auckland Airport: 3.5 hours
- From Harbour Bridge Auckland: 3 hours
- From Whangarei: 1 hour
- From Kerikeri: 20 minutes
- From Paihia: 4 minutes
- Kerikeri’s domestic airport is located 20 Km (12.4 miles) from Baystay B&B. Flights depart daily to and from Auckland. For more information check out Kerikeri Airport online.
- Check out Car hire arrangements.
- There are on-site taxi services after all incoming flights.
- There are daily bus services from Auckland to Paihia. As Baystay B&B is just out of Paihia center we recommend you have a car available.